Getting stuck in finding keywords for a website?
Or, you are totally new to this and don’t know where and how to start?
When I was a newbie in keyword researching, it always took me lots of time and effort. And still, it was hard for me to find a “golden” keywords. As learning more skills and methods in keyword researching, I figure out there is a keyword-research procedure to follow, which speed up the research process and enhance efficient to find better keywords!!
Also, I’ll share some methods to help you guys who are new to find keywords on how to get a suitable one for you!! By the end of this post, if you are overwhelmed, just follow the winning formula of finding keywords and keep practicing. I guarantee that you can find you ” golden ” keywords easily and improve your website by leaps and bounds!!
In FINDING KEYWORDS FOR A WEBSITE, I’ll walk you through:
- Everything Starts With An Idea
- Give Me Ideas & I Will Tell You How To Find Keywords
- The Secret Weapon To Finding Keywords
- Taste The Best “SOUP” & You Can Find Keywords
- The Key To Better Ranking & Less Effort
- The Winning Formula Of Finding Keywords
Everything Starts With An Idea
If you don’t have any idea about keywords, think about the questions below. One of the purposes for us to build up an online business is to give a hand to others. The five questions can help you to identify what’s really matter to the targeting audience. Try to stand in their shoes. Think about what they might ask or what kind of need would they have?
- who is the targeting audience?
- what are their problem, pain?
- why they have the problem and pain?
- how can you help them to solve the problem?
- where to find you targeting audience?
the element you need before finding keywords
- A few keywords: find keywords, promote a product, start a blog, ……
- A sentence: tips to get a higher ranking, the best way to start a blog, ……
- A question: how to be an affiliate marketer, …….
Now, you get several ideas, then let’s move on to the next step in finding keywords for a website. I suggest you record all the ideas in Google docs, which is a good way to manage keywords and enhance efficiency. I’ll mention it later.
Give Me Ideas & I Will Tell You How To Find Keywords
Google Trends is an online search tool that allows the user to see how often specific keywords, subjects, and phrases have been queried over a specific period. If you are wondering the potential for a certain product, keywords or niche, ……. Take a look at Google Trends, it will tell you if that is a good idea or a high potential object for your business!!
Now, suppose you already have some ideas about keywords whether it’s a word, a few words or sentence. Let me show you how to make good use of this free tool!!
Filtering the ideas by Google trends
If you have three words right now. For instance, swimming gear, swimming lesson and swimming suit are three keywords you would like to write content about and you are not sure which one is better or has higher popularity. Then type these three words on the block in Google Trends.
The trends will guide the way
When you make a comparison with swimming gear, swimming lesson, and swimming suit in Google Trends. You will find out that the keywords swimming suit has a higher population and also its upward trend is better than the others. As you can see, Google Trends can help you to filter out keywords with less potential.
Find bonus in Google Trends
Next step, dig the keyword further. Scroll down the analysis page. Find out the area with swimming suit. You can see there are some related searches in the right. I suggest you pick up the one soaring which has high potential and possibilities if you work on related content about the keyword. Then think of some keywords using, ” shark suit swimming” and put those words into Jaaxy to do deeper research.
In the next section, I’ll guide you step-by-step to find keywords in Jaaxy.
The Secret Weapon To Finding Keywords
Getting the best keywords tool is always a smart choice. In the online business world, getting ranked and operating the search engine optimization is the first priority and the most important step to establish your online kingdom. The right keyword tool can lead to success which means getting higher ranking in Google, Bing or Yahoo. Jaaxy is a keyword tool containing multiple and comprehensive services. Get Jaaxy, you will be pushed ahead of the competition!
How To Find Keywords In Jaaxy?
1. Type the words in Jaaxy’s search engine
2. The result will come out.
3. Choose the one with more traffic, low QSR and high SEO.
- Avg: the average number of searches that the keyword received per month.
- Traffic: Visits to your website if you get ranked on the first page.
- QSR: the number of competing website for the exact keyword.
- SEO: a score based on traffic and competition.
4. Suggested keyword standard:
- Traffic > 15 (optional)
- QSR < 30 to 100 (30 will be better)
- SEO > 90 (> 94 will even better)
Why Is Jaaxy A Good Choice?
Why I recommend Jaaxy so much is that it has comprehensive services which almost cover all the analysis tool you need. Also, the platform is user-friendly and easy-to-understand. For those who are totally new to keyword researching, Jaaxy is a great choice since it is easy to get started!
- Keyword research
- Alphabet soup
- Saved list: you can organize a bunch of keywords together and make a comparison.
- Search analysis: find out anyone’s ranking in Google, Bing or Yahoo.
- Affiliate program: find out any affiliate program’s information such as commission, product website, etc.
- Site rank: take a look at the position of one’s content in Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Taste The Best “SOUP” & You Can Find Keywords
What Is “Alphabet Soup”?
The alphabet soup is one of the keyword researching methods that blogger or affiliate marketer can operate in the Google search engine. Simply type a few words on the search engine. Several suggested and related keywords will come out from it. Those results have a high possibility to be ” long tail keyword “, which is low competition and high conversion.
How To Find Keywords By Using The Alphabet Soup?
- Type a sentence, a few keywords or a question on the Google search engine.
- There will be several suggested results come out from the Google search engine.
- Start to put the alphabet from a to z in the back /front/middle to see what will come out.
- Pick up the one you want or the most relevant to the content you are gonna write about.
- Do further research in Jaaxy.
Example alphabet soup idea
Let’s say you want to sell an affiliate product online and you’d like to find some keywords by using the alphabet soup.
1. A question: How to sell + ……
2. Type “How to sell ” in the search engine and several suggested results come out.
3. Put the letter a to z in the back /front/middle to get keyword ideas
- Type: how to sell a
- Type: how to sell b
- Type: how to sell affiliate p (you already try from a to o)
4. Finally, you pick up the long tail keyword, ” how to sell affiliate products on my website.”
5. Do further research in Jaaxy to see whether it is low competition.
Why Do I Love Using Alphabet Soup On Google?
The alphabet soup is an easy-to-use skill for the blogger or affiliate newbie. What I love about using this technique to find keywords is that I can find “golden” keywords easily. Not only can I save more time but I can put less effort into finding keywords. Once you start using this, you will addict to it!!!
Here are the reasons why I recommend alphabet soup so much:
- Most of it makes human sense. Remember one of the important finding-keyword rules is making human sense since people will prefer to click the content with this characteristic. Imagine you are the one who is looking for some information on the Internet. Would you read the content with human sense or the one with content in an odd? For those whose mother tongue is not English just like me will sometimes think of keyword idea not making human sense. The alphabet soup can fix that problem!!
- You can get more relevant ideas from alphabet soup. Sometimes, I will run out of ideas. When suffering from this situation, I once tried to use alphabet soup. Guess what happened? There were a bunch of good niche-relevant ideas come out from the Google search engine, which gave me lots of hints to find the next keywords!!!
- Easier to find ” long-tail keywords “(I’ll mention in detail about it in next section ) As you do further research by putting the keywords you found into Jaaxy, most of the results are good!! What I mean by that is most of the words would be “long-tail keywords”, which can get higher ranking in Google!!
The Key To Better Ranking & Less Effort
The Power Of Long-Tail Keywords
- Low competition
- High conversion rate
- Easy to get ranked
Long-tail keywords are keywords or key phrases that are more specific and usually longer than more commonly searched for keywords. They normally consist of 3 and more words.
Long-tail keywords get less search traffic, but will usually have a higher conversion value, as they are more specific. You can find great long-tail keywords with little competition.
Long-tail is actually referring to a group of keywords, and it refers to their popularity not how many words.
As you use long-tail keywords, your website can get ranked easier and also bring more traffic. Imagine that you target with high traffic but competitive keywords. It would be hard for you to be ranked on the first page since the authority will occupy it.
3 Steps You Can Follow To Find The Low Hanging Fruit
- Use the alphabet soup to find some potential long-tail keywords.
- Do further research in Jaaxy to find out the long-tail keywords.
- Suggested standard: Traffic > 15, QSR < 30, SEO > 90
Why You Should Be Using Long-Tail Keyword
- Get the same traffic as the authority.
“How can I compete with the authority website?” That’s a question a newbie would ask. You know what? The long tail keyword is the nutrition that can feed a newbie website and help it to grow stronger!! What do I mean by that? The long-tail keywords are keywords with less search volume but having a high conversion. What you need to do is finding more long-tail keywords and write more content, so the total traffic can be as much as an authority website.
Your website’s targeting keywords has the average search volume of 20 (Traffic 20 / QSR 25) and you have five of them.
The authority website’s targeting keyword has the average search volume of 100 (Traffic 100 / QSR 84)
The total monthly traffic: 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 (you website) = 100 (the authority website)
The Winning Formula Of Finding Keywords
I’ve learned to search for keywords for months. In the beginning, the whole process took me at least 3 to 5 hours just for finding one not-bad keyword and still the keywords were bad:(((
In the previous content, you learned how to filter ideas and find keywords. However, if you start to get rolling with those techniques, you will find out that sometimes it takes you so much time on finding a ” good ” keyword, which is low competition, high conversion and easy to get ranked. The good news is that there is an efficient procedure to help you guys finding the ” low hanging fruit “.
If you follow the formula, you will spend less effort to get better keywords
If you are a searching-keywords newbie and feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I mentioned, here are some actionable advice for you to get started!
- Practice, practice, and practice. Take action!!
- Set up a standard for the keywords. Filter out the words not reaching the standard right away with no hesitation!
- Don’t be a perfectionist on finding a “golden” good keywords. There are hundreds of millions of keywords. It will be no end for you to find keywords.
- Build up your keywords-manage system to enhance efficiency.
- Put similar keywords in one list.