You already have great content.
You’ve attained great rankings
Visitors are reading your content.
Now, what’s next?
Time to call to action!!
The call to action is what you want people to do after reading your content.
Also, call to action is the entrance of turning point that has the possibilities to turn visitors into buyers, fans or frequent guest!
However, many newbies are stuck in these points since they don’t know that the call to action is not just the fancy button but a key point that contains lots of manipulation in social psychology and user experience.
An effective call to action is much more than a cool and beautiful click button.
How to create a call to action that is effective?
Let’s take a look and do some practice!
In How To Create A Call To Action That Is Effective, I’ll walk you through:
- What Is A CTA & How Does It Work?
- Where To Put Call To Action?
- 3 “C” & 4 Type of Call To Action You Need to Know.
- The Key To CTA
- Create A Call To Action Now!
- The Final 5 Tips To Create An Effective Call To Action
What Is A CTA & How Does It Work?
What is a CTA (call to action)?
A CTA is something that the author invites the visitors to do the things they want them to do such as click a button, a banner, to read more, a button link and anything that makes your visitors want to click.
How does CTA work?
- Improve user experience
- Maximize conversion
Usually, we will put the call to action in somewhere of the site to attract people to do something further like what I have mentioned. When the moment you think that it is time for the visitor to do something then you can put the button there to lead them to take the action.
If you don’t put the call to action, the visitor then doesn’t know what to do and they will just leave the content and do something else. The call to action is the hint of the action what exactly want them to take.
Where To Put Call To Action?
There are three areas you can put the call to action, which is at the top, in the middle, on the side, and at the bottom. Usually, the call to action at the bottom works much better than the others. No matter where you put a call to action, it must relevant to the content.
- You can have as much as a call to action as you want, but they have to be relevant to the content, otherwise, it will be an ineffective call to action.
- It’s better not to put a call to action on the side since it will distract the visitors from the content. Remember, the content is the most important part because you need to build up trust and credibility through it not the ads and call to action.
3 “C” & 4 Type of Call To Action You Need to Know.
The 3 “ C “ of Call To Action
What drive visitors to click?? Let’s take a look at the 3 factors below:
- Convinced: Your content has convinced them the next step is going to be awesome.
- Curiosity: Your call to action has raised curiosity to see what is behind the curtain.
- Can’t resist: Your content and call to action have struck a chord, that they can’t resist.
Your goal is to create the can’t resist call to action by creating convincing content that also has a curiosity call to action to the point the visitor can’t resist.
The 4 Main Types Of Call To Action.
- Come by
The core for a call to action is to get visitors to engage with you whether it’s a click, a comment, a question or whatever. What you need to do is trying to interact with them and give great value, so that it’s much easier to build up trust and connection which would be helpful to conversion and the visitor would much more willing to take the action.
- After creating a call to action, ask yourself if you have the three elements?
- You can ask other people (friend, family, …..)whether your call to action attracts their attention and why??
The Key To CTA
Reciprocity is the practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit, especially privileges granted by one country or organization to another.
The timeline of reciprocity:
- You give great content on your site.
- Visitors appreciate and feel valued as a reader.
- You ask to call, click, come by or engage.
- The visitor reciprocates by doing what you’ve asked.
Reciprocity is really about providing value to your readers and asking something for return such as a comment, a call, click, come by or engage. Reciprocity is huge! Ask a question as your call to action in the end.
Ask a question:
- What do you guys think?
- Leave a comment below
- Are you struggling with making money online?
- Want to learn more?
- Watch the video below and learn more here.
If you want to learn more about reciprocity, it’s hows under what we called social psychology. And social psychology is a fascinating subject. Social psychology is essentially reciprocity.
If you have extra time, I recommend you to learn more about social psychology which is gonna be helpful for you to create an awesome call to action.
Social psychology is really powerful and can be conveyed into your content, online business, your brand, etc.
Create A Call To Action Now!
3 Elements of a call to action
- Text: persuasive words raising the visitor’s curiosity or making them can’t resist that convinces them to take action.
- Text on the button: the action what you want the visitors to take.
- Button: the link the visitors can click.
4 Points needed to be aware of
When you create the call to action and you want people to click it, please keep the 3 points in mind.
- Convenience: prevent that your visitor has to do something by clicking on the button, let them know everything can be done in just one button otherwise you will scare the visitors away.
- Value: The value should be crystal clear such as FREE, 20% discount, etc.
- Relevance: your call to action has to be highly related to the content, otherwise the call to action would ineffective.
- Eliminate: Use reassuring language and exclude any risk.
- No credit card needed
- No strings attached
- Always cancelable
How to make a button
It’s not that hard to make a button on your own. By using some of the helpful recourses online, you can simply make a bunch of them just in a few minutes!!
Guiding video on making a CTA button
- How to Create a Unique Expanding CTA Section with Divi
- How To Add A Call-To-Action Button To Increase Sales
The Final 5 Tips To Create An Effective Call To Action
1. Don’t know where and how to start? Do lots of case study first. And do the task below.
- Collect the CTA that attracts you to click.
- Think about the W and H question.
- ) Why do you want to click the CTA
- ) Where does the author put the CTA
- ) When does the author put the CTA? (Think about your emotion
- ) What does the CTA contain? (convincing text, a story, a beautiful design???
- ) How does it happening in the whole process you read the content
- Sort out the commonalities of the call to actions.
2. Create an effective call to action is not only creating a fancy and cool button but also about social psychology. Keep the 3 C and 4 types of call to action in mind when making a one.
- The 3 “C” of a call to action
- Can’t resist
- The 4 types of call to action
- Come by
3. Ask yourself what is the purpose of this call to action? Different CTAs for different purposes.
4. The call to action at the bottom usually converts better than at the top, in the middle and besides.
5. You can have more than one CTA, but it has to be relevant to the content.
Articles You Might Like To Read
Even an effective CTA could be USELESS if you don’t have great content, SEO techniques, and low competition keywords. Learn more about creating great content, doing SEO and finding keywords RIGHT NOW!!
Do You Know How To Create A Call To Action That Is Effective NOW? Share With Me!
If you LIKE How To Create A Call To Action That Is Effective, please SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT for me!!
I will appreciate that:)))
Or, if you have any further question about the call to action, feel free to ask them below!!!